Made JavaFX compiled, finally…

Contributors and beta-testers are welcomed to javafx project.
However building process is not so easy as someone may expect…

Is your ADSL fast?

I am lucky to have 256mbit/s…
If you just checkout and start to build it you may notice that it starts to download required tools in Maven style but using plain <get> of ANT. Interesting that it fetchs JUnit, ANT (itself!) and ANTLR and some other libs.
In my particular case build was failed because ant.zip was not expanded and it was not expanded because there is only 4.5 MB of 11MB of ZIP file were downloaded. I solved it the following way I download ant.zip from the mirror, which got me all 11MB. (Seems that apache distributive server has a timeout on downloads which my 256mbit/s does not fit)
I changed:

    <target name="ant" depends="prepare">
        <!-- get src="${ant.url}" dest="${ant.zipfile}" /-->
        <unzip src="${ant.zipfile}" dest="${ant.dir}">
            <patternset includes="**/ant.jar"/>
            <mapper type="flatten"/>
        </unzip>
        <!--delete file="${ant.zipfile}" /-->
    </target>

And run bootstrap.xml in the openjfx-compiler project manualy…
Hopefully all other artifacts where downloaded with no problems.
Those who still has 56K should download everything manually and run bootstrap manually, because if it fails it starts from the very beginning. Be accurate and comment out all “delete file” either otherwise ANT will/may delete your artifacts.

Get more memory to your NB

I forgot to mention that you need NetBeans to build all the stuff.
Most probable that with default settings it will fail to run because of out-of-memory error.
Go to /usr/local/netbeans-6.0/etc and edit netbeans.conf (note: is actually one line, I just wrapped it for readability):

netbeans_default_options="-J-Dorg.netbeans.modules.tomcat.autoregister.token=1200072112148 -J-Dorg.netbeans.modules.tomcat.autoregister.catalinaHome=\"/usr/local/apache-tomcat-6.0.14\" 
-J-Dcom.sun.aas.installRoot=\"/usr/local/glassfish-v2\" -J-client -J-Xss2m 
-J-Xms200m -J-XX:PermSize=32m 
-J-Xmx600m -J-Xverify:none -J-Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true"

So I requested 200MB of starting heap size and 600MB of limit. I didn’t investigated how much is actually required, but this limits were enough.

After that I got it successfully compiled and famous bubble test runs, it produces 96fps on my Fedora 8 (built-in Intel 915 GA and Intel T5500 processor — Dual Core).

That is all for now.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: